Sunday, February 15, 2009

For the Cost of Living

I finally finished my sculpture which has taken me forever to complete. I was invited to participate in a group show called "The Cost of Living" at Gallery 5 in Richmond, Va which will include a lot of the local talent around these parts. I've been wanting to work three dimensionally for quite some now, and felt that this was a perfect opportunity to experiment. I admit that I'm not the best photographer so hopefully I'll get some better photos up here soon that don't included backgrounds of my messy bedroom. This is totally new territory for me so let me know what you think. Thanks!

Barry Bruner
www.barrybruner.com
















2 comments:

Spencer Hansen said...

Wow! I can't wait to see it in person. Does it fit out the door? The head is really striking and I think strongly references the line work of your illustrations as does the over all form of the castle. Very awesome.

popidiot said...

Yeah, WoW. I want to see it move, King Kong, Ray Harryhausen style. A little stop motion could go a long way. Even so - amazing.